Help Haiti

Friday, September 4, 2009

Just an after thought






I remember the first few days after arriving in ghana how I thought "this is a strange place"... and didn't know if I could make it for three months there (of course I never told anyone that). Now I'm back in the states and I have the same feeling. Shocking, I know. Everything is different than I remember it. Even I am different than I remember- this might have come because I didn't have a mirror for three months. Meeting people is harder than it was in Ghana. I feel the real stresses of school. I have way too much stuff. My life is so much more complicated than before. I feel like everything is coming at me way too fast- classes, graduation, internship, grad school... the I-don't-know-what-is-coming. Its all just piling up waiting for me to do something and yet I don't know if I want to. I wanna go home... but where is home? Texas? Provo? ... Ghana?
I met so many wonderful people in ghana, who cared about and for me. It did seem like a home. One day I will return to visit my friends in Wiamoase, but for now, I will keep experiencing my American Culture shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment