Help Haiti

Monday, June 29, 2009

Cape Coast and back again



So we had malaria when the original trip was planned, and by saying we I mean someone in the group had it so the decision was made to delay. It turned out that several others got it during the would be vacation so I guess it was a good plan. The worst part was that my research got delayed more. ITs awkward to explain that you were supposed to be gone, but aren't and that hopefully you will leave in a few days, but I guess that's how it goes. I wasn't feeling well early this past week- backache and nausea so they took me to the clinic also, but I didn't get tested for malaria, they just gave me pills to take- they weren't labeled and some smelled and tasted really funny. I think I felt more sick and dizzy being on them than not, but I took a full course for malaria treatment and then contracted a small case afterwards. I stuck it out and travelled while being sick( I'm not planning on missing any other weekends). The saddest part was I missed the kakum national park trip. I did get to go to the coast and we saw the castle. They were beautiful and historical, just the way I like it. The roads weren't too bad either, going there we ran into a monsoon and I'm pretty sure we passed by some flooded shops along the road. No one got sunburned because it was cloudy that is another highlight and now we are back in kumasi and on our way home to Wiamoase. All in all I'd say the trip was a success, and that Ghana is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment